As most computer hackers know, some people actually go into the woods and
spend the night (this is called "camping"). Since most hackers have no idea
what this entails, I will skip to the important part.
The most important part of "camping" involves gathering wood in a pile,
igniting it, and then poking the burning pile of wood with a long,
cylindrical stick periodically. Usually this involves sitting next to or
crouching down near the fire. The hardest part of this unexplained ritual
is the initial fire ignition. Use the following steps to perform ignition
of your ritual fire:
- Place wood in pile near a rock you can sit on.
- Make sure there are small dry twigs at the bottom of the pile.
- Place battery among the small dry twigs.
- Bend a small paper clip into a "U" shape.
- Using insulated pliers, clutch the bottom of the U shape of the paper clip.
- Move paper clip until the two points at the top of the U touch the metal
strips of the battery.
- As paper clip catches fire, try to catch twigs on fire by moving paper clip
around. You may have to repeat this step a few times.
- To assist in ignition try adding leaves onto the twigs.
- Once fire is started, drop paper clip and remove battery from fire with the
- Sit on rock and poke fire with stick periodically.