Last night on TPS, I mentioned wanted to prank coworkers of listeners just so I could get a firsthand account of the mayhem that I caused with the prank and possibly some recordings of the person ranting about the crazy call(s) they received. If anyone would like to contribute to this idea, here's what you should do...
- Email your coworker's name and a number to reach them at to me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you can, give me a general idea of things I could do to upset them or other names I could mention or maybe nearby businesses that I could pretend to be.
- Don't worry about me saying YOUR name or doing anything to give you away. I promise I won't. I'm a professional!
- Let me know how far I should take the prank. Should it be innocent fun that will make them laugh or should it be something that will truly upset them and make them want to kill their coworkers. Personally I prefer the second option.
- Be prepared to give me a full report on everything that happens. I want all the juicy details. If you can make some stealthy recordings of the victim ranting about the call, that would be really great. Pictures of the unhappy coworker would be fun too.
- Don't trick me by giving me your own phone number. God I hate that.
If I turn this into any kind of prank call collection video, I will beep out company names and at least the last names of people involved so that it'll be unlikely anyone figures out who they are. Don't send me stuff if you think there's a chance of you getting caught, though, because I'd hate for anyone to get fired because of me. Bragging to other coworkers about you being responsible for the prank would be a good way to get fired.
Last week a guy put a car ding note on and he told me all the hilarious results of my prank call. A few months ago a guy asked me to prank his telemarketing company, so I pretended to be with the IT department and I had supervisors resetting entire rooms of computer systems to kill a virus. Years ago I would prank call whatever place Altalp worked at and cause all kinds of drama around her. The best part was a mall she worked at where I would start feuds between employees at different stores within her view.
This could be fun stuff!